Thursday, January 17, 2019

$ 2.99 ???

Yes, that is correct- a Paso Robles Rhone blend for $ 2.99 at Trader Joes . Do they have any more ? Doubtful, but worth a look. It turns out that this "Le Grande Cote" is actually Rabbit Ridge. It might be their "allure de Robles" blend or a Syrah. You can see the Rabbit Ridge brand on the cork and the logo on the foil. My guess is that this wine was re-labeled to hide the fact that a large brand was dumping a good amount of 2014 red wine through Trader Joes. I took two bottles home in November not knowing the real origin of the wine. When I drank it I was really impressed with the quality .....it was $ 3.99 then. I went back to Trader Joes a few days later and it was gone.
A few weeks went by and to my surprise, stacks of cases of this wine were at Trader Joes again. I bought three cases as not the price was $ 2.99. Since then I have had a few bottles- it is just as good as the first bottle- hope that you find some. I'll give it 8 swiggs- an outstanding wine at a giveaway price.

No comments:

Post a Comment