Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hooray, weekend wine !

My wife Holly and I don't really make a ton of money so for the most part bargain wine is what we can afford most of the time. The exception is the weekends where we will open something that might be in the $ 15-20 range, occasionally more when the bills have been paid and a bit of cash remains. This wine was a real winner...Sonoma Cabernet from Kunde , a 2005. One thing that stood out was that it was smooth, easy to drink but still very flavorful. There wasn't the sledghammer to the skull alcohol level, either-I was able to walk around the house without knocking anything over, a real treat. I'm not sure what this one costs as I got it in a trade with a customer. You'll have to do the research yourself. I'll save you the flowery tasting notes.....it's just a really good wine to have with dinner. 8 swiggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment