Monday, February 8, 2010

Local Pinot worth seeking out


I have long been a fan of the wines from Santa Cruz mountians vinyard . I have enjoyed the Cabernet, the Durif but the winery has always kept pinot as their flagship wine. This 2006 Branciforte Creek vinyard pinot is one of the best and most authentic wines I have had in a long time. Pinot used to be a floral scented lighter colored wine than you find these days. It is almost that the modern producers want to make something on the order of a zin or syrah-concentrated and full bodied. I don't really go for the modern take on the pinot grape and I don't think that SCMV does, either. If you want something that will go great with food and also stays true to the more traditional style of pinot noir , this is your wine. I can't say enough about how I really enjoyed this one. 9 1/2 swiggs. Available at the tasting room in Santa Cruz.

No comments:

Post a Comment