Monday, May 17, 2010

Almost as good as it gets

Every once in awhile I'll review a wine such as this one. At $ 36.00 , it's something I will only have once or twice a year as my low income requires that I keep my wine purchases under $ 20.00 for the most part. This wine, however is probably the best one I have reviewed so far. The Paoletti 2002 Napa cabernet is really what a great Napa red wine should be : Rich, concentrated, flavorful -something that you'll take your time drinking.......a wine that gets your attention without making you forget about the rest of your meal. We were still drinking it with desert and it went equally well with the sweets. The wine is available from the winery online and they have quite a selection. It is a near-perfect statement of Napa cabernet and something that one should try. I had to hold back from giving it a perfect score but it wasn't easy, trust me. 9 1/2 swiggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment