Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ho-hummer from Italy

Whenever I hear  "Primitivo" come up in wine talk I think of bold flavors and easy to drink reds. This 2008 Primitivo del Salento was easy to drink but honestly, it didn't have the kind of distinction I would have expected . After a glass with dinner, if I were blindfolded I would not have been able to tell you what country or even the grape in this wine-it could have been anything. I would dub this an 'Airplane' wine.....coach, not business or first. This isn't what I would call a real value at $ 12.99 and I doubt I will buy more. It wasn't horrible ,but I would expect a lot more from this wine at this price. 4 1/2 swiggs.

2 comments:

  1. Hummer wine how great. Maybe I should stock some where do i buy it www.perthcitylimos.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never done this, but I want to go on a winery tour. I have heard that they are very interesting. I don't actually drink wine but it would be interesting to learn how it's made.

    http://www.showtimelimos.com.au

    ReplyDelete