Monday, July 7, 2014

Bonny Doon Claret ????

Indeed-I never thought I would see a Cabernet based wine from Bonny Doon vinyards but here it is and it is called "A proper Claret ". This 2012 blend of Cabernet, Petit Verdot ,Petit Sirah, Syrah, and Tannat might sound a little odd but the wine lives up to the name-it really smells and tastes like a red wine from Bordeaux . I bought this wine at the new tasting room on Davenport for about $ 20.00 just to see what kind of wine this would be. Eleven years ago I worked at the old tasting room in Bonny Doon for a summer and noticed that the selection of wines did not include much of the mainstream varietals such as Chardonnay , Cabernet or Merlot-that is why this wine is an unexpected item in the Bonny Doon inventory. I'll give it 8 swiggs and declare it a proper Claret , if you don't mind me saying so.

No comments:

Post a Comment