Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hope you like jammin' too.

A lot of Australian wines are gigantic jammy fruit weapons of mass destruction. This Mclaren Vale Grenache/shiraz is no exception...over the top fruitiness of the first order but there is a difference: This one is really good ! Valletta is one I had never heard of but I'll be looking for it in the future. It has a very similar style to Yangarra , my current favorite non-Barrossa red. A look at the glass shows a good amount of sediment, not a bad thing in my opinion as it shows that the wine has not been filtered to death. I'll give this one 8 1/2 swiggs.....it might be a bit much for some folks but nobody can deny the quality and abundant and delicious flavors contained in this wine. Put some marinara on the barbie and douse yourself with this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment