Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Built in brown-bag bottle from Spain

Every once in awhile I'll see an odd bottle from Spain at Trader joes wrapped in something like foil or paper. While this added covering is supposed to indicate a reserve or special bottle of some sort , the inability to see what is in the bottle can be a little off-putting. Nevertheless I figured for $ 6.99 I would give this 2005 Mote Ducay a try , despite the brown paper exterior. Tasting notes: Some Spanish wines have strange tastes and the first two things I noticed when tipping the glass were bug spray and raspberries.....I'm not kidding. As dinner went on, the bug spray eased off and the berry and some earthier flavors took over. All in all, I thought that the Ducay was o.k. , not a bad weekday wine-odd but still pleasant after the initial insecticide hints wore off. I'll give it 5 swiggs.......I probably won't buy it again but it really wasn't that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment