Monday, December 20, 2010

Long time no swig.......


I think it has been a good number of years since I have had any B.R. Cohn wine . This is the first time I have had a Merlot from B.R. Cohn so I really didn't know what to expect. If it had been a Cabernet I would have had a vague memory of the last one-I do remember that the few times I have had wine from this Sonoma vinyard I have enjoyed it. All the same , it wasn't a wine that I bought very often, if at all. This 2006 Sonoma Merlot came as a gift and what a wonderful gift it turned out to be. This is a well made wine with abundant flavoers, all of them good. Sometimes a Merlot will have some vegetal characteristic or a lack of real distinction. This is not the case here....it's a great wine that I would serve to anyone. It just got better and better as we drank it. Since it was a gift I don't know where it was bought or for how much but B.R. Cohn is available in some of the larger wine shops and markets as well as at their tasting room. I'll give it 8 swiggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment