Friday, January 1, 2010

Near perfection from a legendary winery


I like 2004 for red wines from California and Washington state. I don't think I have had one that I was disappointed with so I was excited on new year's eve to open up this Ridge Geyserville 2004, a wine I consider to be one of the great wines of the world . the 2004 Geyserville is a blend of zin, carignane and petit sirah but it can also have mataro, grenache and other varietals in other vintages. I can't say that this is the best Geyserville I have had but it still is exceptional, even at $ 32.95. I can't quite give it a perfect score but it rates a 9.5 swiggs and should be on your short list of epic wines for special occasions. I always try to have two or three vintages in my cellar-the Geyserville can hold up to many years of aging, unlike a lot of Calif. zins.

No comments:

Post a Comment