Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rosenblum redemption !


When Kent Rosenblum sold his winery recently I was saddened at the possiblity that the wonderful quality of the zins would suffer. I bought one of my favorites , the Richard Suaret vinyard cuvee. The recent purchase pretty much confirmed my fears....it was a big step down in overall quality . I have avoided Rosenblum wines since but decided to try this one, the 2006 north coast zinfandel as it was $ 9.95 at Trader Joes. Expecting something sub par , I was amazed to find the old complexity and wonderful flavors of my old favorite were back. Here's my verdict : Maybe no all the Rosenblum wines are as good as they used to be but take a chance on this one....it will not dissapoint. I give it 8 swiggs , fully good enough for a weekend dinner with folks that don't drive you crazy ! My faith in my old favorite has been restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment