Friday, January 1, 2010

Syrah from a local establishment


Ahlgren is a local small lot winery that produces some boldly flavored reds. This Syrah from the central coast is no exception and it is super good. There's a 'meatyness' about the flavor and body..I can't really describe it any other way. There's a big hit of raspberry on the palate.......I know, yeah...the dreaded wine speak-but taste this wine and tell me it dosen't taste like fresh raspberries . The price makes it almost a weekday special but it is good enough for a weekend dinner. I'll give it 8 swiggs. This one is the 2003 but I think the 2004 os all you'll be able to find right now and I have yet to try it. Knowing Ahlgren, it will probably be every bit as good. $ 8.99.

1 comment:

  1. Ahlgren is definitely some special stuff... they produce a Semillon that's just flat-out delicious, and their Cabernet Franc is very good, though I am biased - Cab Franc is one of my all-time favorites.

    ReplyDelete